Re: Creating Packages hangs... forEVer.

From: Kim Berg Hansen <kibeha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 16:06:05 +0200

Hi, David

What version of SQL*Plus client? Since the database says it is waiting for more data from client, perhaps it could be an issue with an older SQL*Plus that may not be able to handle large code so well?

Are you able to run the script from a local client on the database server just once for testing? To discover if it is the "remote" aspect that gives problems? Maybe the rather large "echo" of the code, like Rich J suggests?

How fast does smaller packages install? Is it only this single large package that has the problem? Are there other as large packages that do not have the problem?

Have you tried renaming the package in the script to something that does not exist in any schema and see if it installs quickly? To discover whether it actually is the "multiple copies of identically named packages in multiple packages" that might be a problem or not?

Just some things to try out ;-)

Regards

Kim Berg Hansen

http://dspsd.blogspot.com