Re: Creating Packages hangs... forEVer.

From: Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 08:54:54 -0500

"it seems to hang forever... although in reality it does finish eventually." To me it sounds like you're waiting on something. ;) What do your session's wait events show?

"I can't stop the other users that may be using their own versions of the package as this is a production system for the respective clients. The wait is becoming a problem for our upgrades." Have you considered edition based redefinition? (docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e41502/adfns_editions.htm#ADFNS020 <http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e41502/adfns_editions.htm#ADFNS020>)