OEM:CC obstacles

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:51:12 -0400

The back story: I inherited a misconfigured instance of Oracle Enterprise Manager:Cloud Control. Basicly, the poor thing never really worked. Now it is getting closer to "transition" and they need it.

The last success I had in this effort (with thanks to Pete Sharman and Jared Still) was determining that the Network adapter hadn't been correctly configured (about two weeks ago).

Now I'm at a point where it makes more sense to de-install the OMS entirely and rebuild it from the ground up. Using the documentation, (Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Advanced Installation and Configuration guide), I am at the point of using omsca to delete the OMS. When I issue the command, and respond to all the prompts for arguments, I get the response, OMSCA-ERR: Failed to connect to repository database with error: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.

Oracle Enterprise Manager:Cloud Control 12cR3 Linux 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Gus