Re: DBA- Moving REDO LOGs

From: Steve Harville <steve.harville_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 22:26:01 +0000

Hi Andrew, I tried that and took it out. See the comment in the blog.
" There was a twitter discussion about this today : https://twitter.com/SteveHarville/status/466269935199453185 I modified the code like this:
execute immediate ‘ALTER SYSTEM ARCHIVE LOG CURRENT’ ; execute immediate ‘ALTER SYSTEM CHECKPOINT GLOBAL’ ; I ran the old version and the new version on a test database and the new version took almost double the time!
So I won’t make the change in the original code."