Re: Karen Morton: An inspiration in the Oracle community

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:50:04 -0700

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com> wrote:

> Karen is an inspiration for all. A strong, smart, graceful person,
> generous with her expertise and knowledge.

I collaborated with Karen on a book, we dined together when we both were at the same conferences, and exchanged a number of emails.

Karen was engaging, personable and a joy to work with.

Here's what kind of person she was: In 2012 there was a period of time during which I was too sick
to do much more than my 8 hrs and then go collapse on the couch.

I had a new presentation ready for Hotsos, but was just too weak and sick to travel.
(was not contagious BTW)

Karen volunteered to give my presentation for me.

Apparently she did a better job of presenting it than I would have. :)

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com