Re: job in cron

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 06:30:17 -0700

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 3:44 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org> wrote:

> I cronned the job. It runs fine when I execute it but in cron all I got
> was a blank attachment.
>
> When it is in cron, what userid is it using?

The biggest problem with getting cron jobs to run is sometimes getting the environment correct.

put an 'env > somefile.txt' in your script, execute it, then add the resulting values near the top of the script and retry in cron.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com