RE: job in cron

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 12:55:21 +0000

I suggest you also add a “cd” to the location where sp_user.sql is stored and where you want to spool sp_user.txt. Either that or full path the script location.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Svetoslav Gyurov Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 8:08 AM
To: Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org
Cc: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: Re: job in cron

Hi Brian,
You need to put something like this at the start of your script to have the correct env variables exported: export PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/db_1/bin:$PATH<http://11.2.0.4/db_1/bin:$PATH> export ORACLE_SID=name
ORAENV_ASK=NO
. /usr/local/bin/oraenv
ORAENV_ASK=YES
Regards,
Sve

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: Ok, I created a short script to run a sql job.

ORACLE_SID=name;export ORACLE_SID
sqlplus / as sysdba _at_sp_used > sp_used.txt uuencode sp_used.txt sp_used.txt | mail -t "oracle" myemailaddress

I cronned the job. It runs fine when I execute it but in cron all I got was a blank attachment. When it is in cron, what userid is it using?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.