Re: Karen Morton: An inspiration in the Oracle community

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:17:05 -0500

I invited Karen to our local regional users group a few years ago. I didn't know much about her then but she had spoken here before and came highly recommended by the users and her colleagues. Not only did she say yes without hesitation, she was more than accommodating to our requests for multiple topics. She also happens to be one of the best technical speakers I have ever seen.

We ran into each other a couple of years later at a conference. She remembered our event and interactions like it was yesterday and wanted to know if she could come speak at our RUG again. Many of the speakers we have are independent contractors and are eager to come back because it's good for business (which we don't have a problem with as long as the content and delivery is good).

Karen was an employee and didn't financially benefit from her visit. In fact, it was difficult for her to be away from her family. She wanted to come back because she loved to share, she loved to interact, she loved the community and she loved her work.

Karen will be missed.

Seth Miller