BigData / NoSQL training at Oracle : Java Programming as a Pre-Requisite

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:46:15 +0000

I was looking at the two 1-day courses "Introduction to Big Data" and "Introduction to Oracle NoSQL Database" at http://education.oracle.com

Both mention "Java Programming" as a pre-requisite. I only know that Java is a programming language (yes, I had written a couple of "hello world" java programs some years ago).

How much "Java Programming" knowledge is required to be a Big Data / NoSQL "Administrator" ?

(There are two other courses : a 2-day course "Oracle NoSQL Database for Administrators" and a 3-day course "Oracle Big Data Essentials" neither of which mention Java Programming as a pre-requisite).

(A quick search for "NoSQL" and "Big Data" on the Oracle Certification All Exams list didn't return a matching exam title).

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html