Re: Lob HW contention

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:35:18 -0400

For sure you're using MSSM? Also you didn't mention if it's basicfile/securefile and didn't mention what version of the database you're on.

We had a nearly identical problem recently but we were basicfiles on 11.2 ASSM... so event 44951 (via doc 6376915.8 / doc 1476233.1 / bug 6376915) gave us a little bit of temporary relief. However the only long-term solution proved to be physically reorganizing. FWIW though we were able to redefine to securefiles and partitioning over a weekend pretty easily without any downtime.

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider