RE: Datafile in RECOVER online_status

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 16:15:29 -0400

You can drop the ENTIRE tablespace including contents and datafiles if you don’t need anything in the tablespace (

just to clarify I’m confident LS meant you can’t drop one of multiple datafiles and have a remaining viable tablespace).

I’ve always done operations like this “offline” so there is no possibility of involving a freespace dance as extra work along the way to the drop.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ls Cheng Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2015 1:01 PM
To: ecandrietta_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Datafile in RECOVER online_status

hi

you cannot drop a datafile from a tablespace (unless it is the only datafile of course), you must restore a backup and recover it

thanks

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have a datafile that is in this situation:

SQL> select FILE_ID, STATUS, ONLINE_STATUS from dba_data_files where online_status = 'RECOVER';

   FILE_ID STATUS ONLINE_STATUS

  • --------- -------------

        14 AVAILABLE RECOVER   1.) Can I do it ? Is there any impact ?

alter tablespace TBS drop datafile 14;

or

2.) Must I do it:

alter database datafile 14 offline

and them via O/S command : delete the file

Regards

Eriovaldo

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jul 25 2015 - 22:15:29 CEST