Re: how to configure Auto delete of logs in Logical standby database

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:28:24 +0000

Nilesh,

This one enables automatic deletion of applied arclogs.

    Exec DBMS_LOGSTDBY.APPLY_SET ( 'LOG_AUTO_DELETE' , TRUE ) ;

This one sets the length of time, in minutes, that an applied arclog will be retained until deletion. The default is 1440 or 24 hours. We set in lower so as not to use so much space for the arclogs.

    Exec DBMS_LOGSTDBY.APPLY_SET ( 'LOG_AUTO_DEL_RETENTION_TARGET' , 120 ) ;

Good luck on the Logical Standby, they require a LOT of hand-holding.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:21 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: how to configure Auto delete of logs in Logical standby database

Hello Gurus,

Hope everyone is doing good!!

My current db version and OS details are as below.

database version : 10.2.0.4
OS : Linux.
There is no flash recovery configured on the production database and I also checked LOG_AUTO_DELETE is set to TRUE in logical standby database.

I have built a logical standby database on a reporting server, How can we configure to auto delete the archive logs after they get applied on the logical standby database ?

Logical standby is manily used for the reporting purpose. standby archive destination : /data05/xxxx/archive_standby/ and log_archive_Dest_1= /data05/xxxxx/archive ( both are pointing to same mount point /data05). /data05 location gets filled up and I want to configure it in a way where the logs gets cleared once they are applied.

Please advise.

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov't Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l