Repairing the listener

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:10:58 -0400

Background: I have an inheritied an imperfectly installed Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control 12cR3 v. 12.1.0.3.0. It appears that OEM Ops Center was incorrectly installed after Cloud Control, and most likely conflicted with a number of configuration settings. I'm trying to work through them and get the OEM:CC up and running.

RDBMS: 11.2.0.3
LISTENER: 11.2.0.3
Linux 2.6.32-431.el6.x8684 GNU LINUX

> lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3 - Production 21-JUL-2015 Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))

/** long pause **/

TNS-12535: TNS: operation timed out
 TNS-12560; TNS: protocol adapter error
  TNS-00505: operation timed out

So, the obvious issue is the listener has no value for HOST ...

netca is not available, failing to start when it attempts to set ADR_BASE.

Additional errors include Linux error 98 (address already in use)

Has anyone seen this before? Fixed it?

Regards,

Gus