RE: Middleware migration on EM12c R5 upgrade

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:53:30 -0700 (PDT)

The agent is no longer under the MW home, to keep this from happening each time ;)   We suggest you use a separate location that will remain the same across upgrades (i.e.  /u01/oracle/agent).

Steps to migrate the agent to a location outside of MW home are documented How to Migrate the AGENT BASE DIRECTORY under Middleware Home to another location outside the Middleware Home (Doc ID 1520010.1)

Also in 12.1.0.5 upgrade steps http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/appdx_moving_mw_home.htm#CACBCHAG

Once that’s done, cleaning up that MW home  can be done (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/appdx_delete_old_oms_home.htm#CHDHIHCC)

From: Rich J [mailto:rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com] Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 10:27 AM
To: Oracle L
Subject: Middleware migration on EM12c R5 upgrade

Hey all,

I'm starting to look at upgrading EM12c from R3 to R5.  When I upgraded to R3 (from R1 I think), it created a new middleware directory for the OMS, but kept the Agent in the old middleware directory.

Has anyone upgraded to R5?  Were you able to consolidate the agent into the new R5 middleware?  I'd really like to get back what would be 30GB of unused software space.

TIA!
Rich

p.s.  Any "disk is cheap" replies can buy me a new XIV module and Support.  I'll happily send the required config and shipping address.  :)