Re: Anyone have DISABLE_OOB=ON set in sqlnet.ora?

From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 21:57:17 +0100

Hi
All you are doing is stopping this client from sending a break via a different channel to the server. So it might make things a bit less efficient from the clients point of view, I guess it depends on exactly what the client is doing.
Does the analyst think this is just a 11.2.0.3 issue combined with the type of client you are using?
I saw issues like this years ago, back in the Oracle 8.0 days, but from memory the disable_oob was a temp fix because the real issue was a client using oci that as not up to date enough.

Regards
Pete

On 8 July 2015 at 14:14, Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We've been getting sporadic ORA-3137 errors on our year-old 11.2.0.3 DB
> since testing started. It doesn't appear to be a showstopper, as I can't
> attribute any user complaints directly to these happening, so I've been
> mostly ignoring these when they happen.
>
> This week, I had an instance where the first parameter of the error changed
> from [12333] to [12271], so I thought it worth an SR. The tech pointed me
> to MOS 1927582.1 that has a workaround of setting DISABLE_OOB=ON in the
> sqlnet.ora of the client.
>
> Has anyone used this? I can't find any negatives or side effects on MOS
> about disabling it, but then why does OOB checking exist? It's like the
> equivalent of an appendix in humans...
>
> TIA!
> Rich

Regards