RE: Oracle 12c: ALL_SYNONYMS excludes Objects behind DB_LINKs

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 13:10:09 +0000

Broke how? Is it possible to query on both versions and show a difference in result for a specific remote object? Instead of ALL_SYNONMS what happens if you substitute DBA_SYNONYMS?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] on behalf of "Uwe Küchler" [uwe_at_kuechler.org] Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 8:53 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Oracle 12c: ALL_SYNONYMS excludes Objects behind DB_LINKs

Dear fellows of the Oracle,

currently I have to deal with a customer's application that broke after migrating from 11.1.0.7 to 12.1.0.2. The issue is, that the app gets an object list from ALL_SYNONYMS expects some objects that are on a remote DB. In 12c, this query doesn't return the expected rows anymore.

Looking closer at the ALL_SYNONYMS DDL, it shows an additional "WHERE db_link IS NULL" in two places. This wasn't there in 11.1 (I don't have 11.2 at hand currently).
WTF?!
Searching MOS and Google, I haven't found any clue so far what made Oracle do this. I can only guess that this was added for security reasons.

Does anyone know more about Oracle's reasoning behind this? Or, even better: Do you have a documentation pointer for me?

Kind regards,
Uwe
--

http://oraculix.com/