Re: Rename BCT during RMAN Duplicate

From: Ramnivas Chaurasia <ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 21:35:51 +0530

Thanks Alfredo for the link!

Actually we have been doing the same thing as work around for this error. We run the duplicate command and open another session ready with block change disable command and execute it as soon as the duplicate command mounts the auxiliary. Real quick. :-)
But sometimes we miss or run it late and duplicate fails with BCT error. It fails after restoration, just before switching the file names and recovery. So we manually switch the files(switch database to copy), re-create the control file and do the recovery. Note, here we require to re-create the control file as same controlfile could not be used for recovery due to some reason.

The link helps us in automating this process and eliminating any chance of missing or running this command late!

Thanks,
Ramniwas