Re: Please, question about the license to use DBA_HIST_SNAPSHOT in standard edition

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:16:15 -0600

I STRONGLY encourage anyone who wants to look at 'Enterprise Manager' views and tables to look at the EM licensing document at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24474/ch2_db_mgmt.htm#OEMLI113 (or, if you really want, the 11g EM license manual is at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11857_01/license.111/e11987/toc.htm)

Note that the Management Packs are controlled by the EM license and not by the DB (or WebLogic, Apps, GoldenGate ...) license.

In chapter 2, we read

"These management packs can be purchased only with Enterprise Edition. The features in these packs are accessible through Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control and Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, and APIs provided with Oracle Database software."

In other words, not available for Standard Edition.

The views you are looking at are, as you say, useless in Standard Edition.

/Hans