RE: 12c EM Cloud Control Design

From: Pete Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:53:12 +1000

You would be far better off with a single EM installation on a 3rd site. It is never a Good Idea ™ to have EM installed on a monitored host.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: <tel:+61262924095> +61262924095 | | Fax: <fax:+61262925183> +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449 Email: <mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com> pete.sharman_at_oracle.com Twitter: @SharmanPete LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Steven Andrew Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:27 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: 12c EM Cloud Control Design

Hello Everyone,

We have 2 sites for e.g. A and B, separated by 500 Miles. 2 systems in there, one has Data Guard setup, replicating data in performance mode, Async. This is a single database instance managed by Oracle GI. Another system is a 2 node Standard Edition RAC/ASM and it's data replicated via SAN replication to site B. We wanted to manage both systems via 12c EM Cloud Control, without having a 3rd site C. Both systems are in 11.2.0.4, Linux 6.x.

I'm trying to come up with a design such that even if one sites goes down, minimal actions are performed in other site to get EM to monitor the targets which gives a sort of HA. Idea is to have EM/OMS per site and have respective site's target register to both sites OMS.

I believe targets can register to multiple OMS's Or is this even possible?

Any other ideas/suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks

Steven.

image001.jpg