Re: drop partition or make partition offline

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:23:45 +0000

Mostafa,

Should be nothing to stop you dropping these partitions, and if all your indexes are local, nothing for you to do with indexes either.

However, if this is data you might want back, you might consider putting them in separate tablespaces and using transportable tablespace export before you offline then and back the tablespace and export metadata up. That way if the data is needed again it can be onlined in seconds with no need for a database restore.

Just depends what your requirements are.

Regards