Re: Stats on Huge Partitioned Table and ORA-01555

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:17:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Michael,

> We are not using parallel and that would be due to the default behavior of dbms_stats.gather_database_stats_job_proc.
> The stats job has been turned off and there is a cron job that executes the dbms_stats.gather_database_stats_job_proc procedure.

The mentioned settings are not necesarily part of the job definition. It is a global, object or schema definition. Just quoting from the official documentation "You can change the default values of some of the parameters of DBMS_STATS procedures using the SET_DATABASE_PREFS Procedure, SET_GLOBAL_PREFS Procedure, SET_SCHEMA_PREFS Procedure and SET_TABLE_PREFS Procedure." - http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ARPLS/d_stats.htm

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK