Re: Ordinary Tablespace Drop Hanging

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 16:26:40 -0500

Yes - and the business unit running it refuses to upgrade.

I have generated a list of files. and will definitely need to consider stopping this insanity and trying a straight drop. Right now, the used portion of the tablespace is increasing. Which is weird.

Here's the alert log contents - which I'm tailing:

Sun May 24 14:12:20 CDT 2015
drop tablespace psapbtabi including contents and datafiles Sun May 24 14:39:19 CDT 2015
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0x25051.18762.0], current log tail at RBA [0x25051.1b5bb.0]
Sun May 24 15:09:26 CDT 2015
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0x25051.1b5be.0], current log tail at RBA [0x25051.1eeb6.0]
Sun May 24 15:39:33 CDT 2015
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0x25051.1eebe.0], current log tail at RBA [0x25051.2278b.0]
Sun May 24 16:09:38 CDT 2015
Incremental checkpoint up to RBA [0x25051.22797.0], current log tail at RBA [0x25051.27280.0]