RE: Recursive CPU larger than total CPU used by the database

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 19:05:23 +0000

I forgot to ask how you're reporting this. Is this a 30 minute AWR report ?

Just a thought - could there be a recursive statement using SQL from the previous 30 minutes that only gets reported in the current period ? Not sure that this could happen, but may be worth a thought.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] on behalf of Ls Cheng [exriscer_at_gmail.com] Sent: 20 May 2015 18:31
Subject: Recursive CPU larger than total CPU used by the database

Hi

I have a 10.2.0.5 single instance database running in HP-UX.

I have noticed that everyday at same time, between 22:00 and 22:30 the recursive cpu shown in v$sysstat is larger than DB CPU from Time Model or CPU used by this session from v$sysstat.

The database claims it consumed 886 second CPU but recursive cpu usage shows 196759 centiseconds (1967 seconds).

This happens consistently everyday at the same time.

Anyone observed this behaviour before?

Thanks