Re: Archivelog mode and receiving ORA-19602

From: pavan kumar <pavan_843_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 04:08:04 +0000

Hi Stephen.
Are you sure that your database is in archive log mode.Can you re-confirm once ? to be on safeReason for asking : Since rman internal gets information from the database dictionary only, whether it's archive is enabled or not, it won't pickup from any where else.
  • ThanksPavan Kumar N

      From: stephen van linge <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org>  To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>  Sent: Tuesday, 19 May 2015 5:59 AM
 Subject: Archivelog mode and receiving ORA-19602

Hi Oracle-L, I'm working in a playground database at the moment.  It's a single instance 11gR2 (11.2.0.3) with no replication and currently running in archivelog mode, which I can verify with archive log list and by switching logfiles and having an archivelog created.  The database was newly created. Now, when I attempt to run a simple rman copy incremental: backup incremental level 1 for recover of copy with tag 'daily_bkp' database plus archivelog; I receive the errors: channel ORA_DISK_1: starting datafile copy RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at 05/19/2015 00:17:22 ORA-19602: cannot backup or copy active file in NOARCHIVELOG mode continuing other job steps, job failed will not be re-run Which is clearly incorrect... There are so many...  repetitive... questions on Google asking why when they're in noarchivelog mode they get this error, that I can't find anything relevant to my case.  Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks, Stephen