RE: expdp error

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:04:55 +0000

That was it….I thought that since I already had the directory defined, that user would have had the rights. I just added them. It ran successfully……

Brian

From: Steve Karam [mailto:oraclealchemist_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:02 PM
To: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org); Zelli, Brian Subject: Re: expdp error

Brian,

Does the user you’re using have permissions to that directory object?

On May 14, 2015 at 1:01:06 PM, Zelli, Brian (brian.zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:brian.zelli_at_roswellpark.org>) wrote: Ok, trying to run this and I get:

expdp userid/password dumpfile=u_qc.dmp tables=u_qc directory=DATA_PUMP_DIR logfile=u_qc.log

ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-39087: directory name DATA_PUMP_DIR is invalid

I have the directory defined in the db. I’m not seeing anything wrong googling…….what am I not seeing?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.