Re: odbc for aix?

From: Fergal Taheny <ftaheny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:27:33 +0100

Hi,

On solaris you can use Unix odbc and free tds and Oracle heterogenous services to connect to sql server via a db link. Same should work on aix I think and it's a no cost option if you have enterprise edition. The db link connects to the listener (on the same box) which talks to sql via the jtds driver. I have used this setup and once the initial configuration is done we have never had any issues.

Or I think you can install the Oracle binaries on the sql server box and run an oracle listener there which can connect via odbc to the sql server. This gives the same end product a connection from Oracle to sql server via db link. I have never used this setup.

Regards,
Fergsl