upgrade 11.1 to 11.2 - slow standby opening

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:03:27 +0100

Redhat Linux 5
I did a rolling upgrade on a 1TB database in a dataguard environment. all went well
However when I had to activate the standby and make it the primary we experienced extremely poor performance for about an hour. Also it took over ten minutes to open it.
After these delays the database started behaving ok. It might be an intermittent hardware fault but I cant help wondering if it was the upgrade completing - it being unable to complete fully until the database was open. I do know Oracle have used 'tricks' (deferring work) to get databases open quicker after upgrades in the past. Has anyone else noticed a similar Spike after an upgrade?

--

Howard A. Latham
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 13 2015 - 17:03:27 CEST