Re: lsnrctl set log_status off doesn't work for a nmaed listener

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 01:52:08 -0400

  • You don't have to stop logging to remove the logs. Just remove it. Just do it.
  • There is a utility called "logrotate" which was written for just such things.
  • Don't start your script with "#!/bin/csh". That is a very grave style error. Scripts are started by "#!/usr/bin/env perl" or "#!/usr/bin/perl -w". C-shell is a nightmare from the past that should be forgotten, especially on Solaris which supports both logrotate and the full complement of modern shells, like bash and zsh. Even the old-fashioned Korn-shell is far better than C-shell monstrosity.
  • There is "ardrci" utility which supports "purge" command. I have never used it on listener.log since logrotate completely satisfies my needs as far as listener.log is concerned, but it works great on the RDBMS homes and even allows you clean traces, cores and log entries automatically.
  • Did I forget to tell you never to use C-shell?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA