RE: Fatal NI connect error 12170 in alert of Oracle 11gR2 database

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:37:51 +0000

Most likely nothing to be too concerned about. Take a peek at on Metalink/MOS:

Fatal NI Connect Error 12170, 'TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out' Reported in 11g Alert Log (Doc ID 1286376.1)

-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mandal, Ashoke Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 2:32 PM
To: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Fatal NI connect error 12170 in alert of Oracle 11gR2 database

Hello,

Right after I upgraded my databases from Oracle 10.2.0.4 to Oracle 11.2.0.3 I am seeing the following messages in the alert log repeatedly. I didn’t see these messages in 10g databases. I tried tracking down the IP address but found out that these were computers, which had been accessing the database for many years. But these messages are being logged into the alter log only after the upgrade to 11.2.0.3.

Is it a known behavior in Oracle 11gR2? I did some checking with documentation but couldn’t find any explanation. So any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashoke Mandal

Fatal NI connect error 12170.

  VERSION INFORMATION:

        TNS for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
        Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
        TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
  Time: 16-APR-2015 06:54:01
Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    ns main err code: 12535

TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out

    ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 505

TNS-00505: Operation timed out

    nt secondary err code: 145
    nt OS err code: 0
  Client address: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.72.216.138)(PORT=54551)) Thu Apr 16 06:54:01 2015

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon May 11 2015 - 22:37:51 CEST

Original text of this message