Re: Data backup/migration strategy..

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:44:04 -0400

For Scenario #2...

Providing you have each of your "schemas" isolated in an independent set of tablespaces, you ought to be able to use TSPITR. In essence, it is the procedure I described earlier, but RMAN automates most of the process.

One thing that TSPITR cannot do, though, is backout changes to stored PL/SQL blocks. If you think you will need to do that, then export/import may still be the best method.