Re: dba_audit_session

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 17:46:39 -0400

It would also be helpful to turn on "audit network" to and examine the audit trail carefully. The AUDIT NETWORK command should reveal the source IP address and then you can figure out whether your database is under attack or an application is just coded incorrectly. My guess is that the latter is the case, since "EXAMPLE.COM" is frequently found in the 3rd party application as a connection example. It is likely the case of mis-configured application which shouldn't have gained access to the network with the production database but somehow did.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA