Re: Running import datapump over a database link.

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 18:48:52 -0400

On Fri, 8 May 2015 08:28:19 -0700 Yong Huang wrote:
> Maybe you're referring to this?
>
> IMPDP using network_link ignores table compression in 10gR2 (Doc ID
> 975822.1)
>
> The problem does not exist in 11g.

Nope, I simply mean that data is not compressed on the wire as it's transferred over the network. When you compress a disk export then transfer the compressed files over the network, it can make a big difference (if I'm remembering correctly about compression on the wire - i.e. do your own testing).

-Jeremy