Re: Running import datapump over a database link.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 21:56:23 -0400

Open another session on the source system and execute the following statement:
LOCK TABLE ADT_HL7_JOB_SEGMENT IN EXCLUSIVE MODE; When the lock is granted, start your import. When it finishes, commit the session with the lock. That will guarantee that you will not receive ORA-01555 on the source database. There may also be some minor effects to concurrent updates of that table.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA