Re: Direct NFS and ZS3

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 23:11:42 +0200

Hi

Yes, I know they are files inside a ZFS. I was speaking from the view from OS. I find it much simpler dealing with LUN instead of NFS Servers, iSCSI itself it's simple to configure. I dont find any advantage of using dNFS,

In the past I have used 3, 4 times dNFS (wiithout ASM, I dont see the point of using ASM on top of NFS) and in a couple I had problems with dNFS multipath Failover, one ended in a 2 months SR and we finally moved to iSCSI, all problems went away.

Fernando, I looked the presentation you linked to but the only two paragraphs which I see is relevant to dNFS is one talking about 12c intelligent protocol and one which talks about EHCC and dNFS...

Regards