Re: Direct NFS and ZS3

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 13:54:10 -0700

ZS3 storage has a number of advantages over non-Oracle storage for Oracle Database workloads. This includes (in no particular order):
  • Support for Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC)
  • Oracle Intelligent Storage Protocol (OISP)
  • Hybrid storage pools
  • dtrace analytics and others.

There are a bunch of whitepapers here with details:

https://www.oracle.com/storage/nas/resources.html#whitepaper

-KJ

--
Kevin Jernigan