Re: Cron management...

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 12:45:45 +0800

Just back onto the very original question.

We use Tidal extensively at my current client, mainly because where cron really struggles is dependency management. (eg, I want to run jobs A, B and C. B can run alongside A, but not if Z is running, and C must follow both A & B etc etc).

The user interface to Tidal is shite... (a lovely windows client was ditched and replaced with a terrible web interface).

One the things you can do with tidal if concerned about agent privs on 'special' nodes, is to run jobs on those nodes without the agent, ie, some trusted ssh from the tidal machine to the special machiine, as a user with limited privs.

hth,
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room."
- Jayne Howard