Re: Cron management...

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:56:43 +0200

Mladen,

The MML libraries need to exist on the DB server, not on the "client" server
Data flows from db server process, via local MML socket to media server. It is not transported (via sql*net) to the client which runs the rman binary.

The MML layer does not integrate with the rman binary, it integrates with the oracle binary itself.
That is why you need to create a symbolic link (NB provides the oracle_link script for this) to the ibobk.so library.

Connecting to the database using rman, will create a "command" session. Allocating channels will create the "worker" sessions. Data is read by these worker sessions and send to the media server via a socket (handled by the MML library) on the database server.