Re: Cron management...

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:25:41 -0400

On 04/22/2015 03:18 AM, Freek D'Hooge wrote:
> Mladen,
> Ram,
>
> The data will stream between the database server and the media server,
> regardless if you start rman from that server or from a "client".
> On the db server the server processes will handover the data stream to
> the NB library, which sends it to the configured media server.
>

> regards,
>
> Freek

How will that happen if the library that facilitates that streaming (MML) is on the 3rd node? The communication primitives are in the library which resides on the 3rd node and can not be used from the DB server itself. It's rman executable which maps the library when the channel of type SBT is allocated, not the database. My understanding of that "solution" was that the plan was to have rman and MML on an independent node and connect to databases, according to schedule.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA