Re: select for update wait issues

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:45:46 -0600

Lots of good information. Thank you. Comparison of execution plans showed they were identical. Code hasn't been changed in 3 years. Only change was the hardware. Then we started noticing other databases we migrated were also performing sub-optimally to the point the applications were unusable.

We engaged Oracle support and Technologent (who recommended the EMC SAN). Lots of reports and discussions transpired. Only yesterday did I find out that the SE team did not configure the SAN in the manner recommended by Technologent. This was on top of the SE team not configuring mounts the way I requested for redo logs, flashback logs, and controlfiles.

So here's what we did for the worst performing DB:

  • Set up mounts for the redo, flashback, and controlfiles as I originally requested (and Technologent also recommended)
  • Migrated the LUNs to a new pool that had FAST CACHE disabled

Performance is acceptable again. Playing some catch up as far as getting the last 2 weeks of data loaded so it will be interesting to see the final effect once we are real-time with everything again.

Sandy

--
Sandy
GHX