Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2 and firewalls

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:05:32 +0200

George,

Normally the firewall "understands" sql*net traffic and it is possible to mark the original port (the one on which the listener is listening, eg 1521) as sql*net.
This way, the firewall guys only need to open port 1521 and mark it as sql*net and no other ports need to be opened nor do you need to switch to CMAN or MTS.

Kind regards,