Re: Enterprise Manager Restricted Use License

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 21:45:11 +0100

We used to have the repository DB protected by service guard and two management servers. Upgrades were a pig. Failed multiple times and had long-running SRs.

We now run the whole lot OMS + DB on a single VM and use the virtual infrastructure to provide resilience between hosts and data centers. It's very easy to manage. Upgrades are simple. If something goes wrong, we pull back a snapshot/backup of the VM and we are sorted. I hope I never run Cloud Control on physical again.

I'm not saying it would be perfect for all situations, but I'm a big fan of Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS).

Cheers

Tim...

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com

image001.jpg