Re: Total Recall License - but out of compliance - what?

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:57:47 -0500

If you are running 11.2.0.2, it's an easy answer. You definitely need to have advanced compression to use FDA (Total Recall).

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e47877/options.htm#DBLIC143

   -

   *Flashback Data Archive (formerly known as Total Recall)*

   *For releases earlier than Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.4): You    must license the Oracle Advanced Compression option to use Flashback Data    Archive.*

   *Beginning with Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.4): Flashback Data    Archive—without history table optimization—is available in all editions.*

Seth Miller