Re: Enterprise Manager Restricted Use License

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 14:37:03 +0100

You can't do RAC or Dataguard for the Infra components (EM repository, RMAN catalog, AWR Warehouse, RUEI database etc etc) without incurring additional license liability. The restricted use license is single instance, single database. I personally think EM belongs on infrastructure that is at least as available as the most critical component it monitors, so that likely means an existing RAC cluster with DataGuard - or an HA Virtualization platform .

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA