Re: dataguard parms

From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:25:27 -0700

Howard, is there any chance we could get some of the output from the alert logs?

First thing I would check is to make sure the standby db is in managed standby. Try running this in standby. If it is already running then it will just state that fact.

    alter database recover managed standby database disconnect;

Also, to me it looks like the fal_* parms are backwards but that statement comes from not knowing what the tnsnames aliases are for each database. The fal_client should point to itself, and fal_server should point to the other database in the DG config.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Just back from holiday and my dataguard is broken. Can some kind soul
> look at these tell whats wrong?
> THE PROBLEM IS THE STANDBY JUST WAITS AND WAITS WITH NO ATTEMPTS AT
> FETCHING LOGS.
> 11g rh enterprise
>
> primary
> log_archive_config='dg_config=(auxstby,AUXPRODSTBY)';
> fal_client string AUXPRODSTBY
> fal_server string auxstby
>
> DEST_9=SERVICE='AUXPRODSTBY ASYNC
> valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=AUXPRODSTBY'
>
> )
>
> STANDBY
> fal_server='AUXPRODSTBY';
> fal_client='auxstby'
> log_archive_config='DG_CONFIG=(AUXPRODSTBY,auxstby)'
> log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=auxstby
> VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES, PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=aux OPTIONAL
> LGWR
> ASYNC=102400
> REOPEN=30 MAX_FAILURE=5 NET_TIMEOUT=10
>

> --