Re: Snapshot standby problems?

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:33:25 +0530

Hello,

I don't think there will be any issues in converting to snapshot standby or vice versa. The more important thing is standby is not going to wait for any confirmation from primary before converting like switchover does.

Either from SQL or DGMGRL both are single line commands and easy to convert. If you are using broker then its highly recommended to manage only with Broker.

Thanks.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any issues with converting a physical standby to a snapshot
> standby and back in 11.2.0.3 on AIX? I'm getting ready to do some work
> with this, but thought I would check for any known problems first. I will
> be doing the conversion through dgmgrl at least initially.
>
> Sent from my iPad--

Nassyam Basha.
Oracle DBA
*The Pythian Group * <http://www.pythian.com/>