Re: To ODA or Not?

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:30:50 -0600

On 28/03/2015 10:34 AM, Mladen Gogala (Redacted sender mgogala_at_yahoo.com for DMARC) wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Clusterware is free. You can install clusterware without paying and
> use it to fail-over MySQL service. Oracle licenses are not free.

Thanks Mladen. This reflects a change since last time I looked at the clusterware license, and you are absolutely correct. Confirmation at http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/DBLIC/editions.htm#BABHIAAF which states:

"
Oracle Clusterware

Oracle Clusterware provides cluster membership and high availability monitoring and failover. Oracle Clusterware may be used to protect any application (restarting or failing over the application in the event of a failure) on any server, free of charge. Oracle will provide support for Clusterware only if the server is running an Oracle product, which may include Oracle Linux or Oracle Solaris, that is also under Oracle support.
"

/Hans