Re: Linux Hardening

From: George <georgelza_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 05:35:06 +0200

Hi Stefan

It's not me trying to do this, I got a client that bought 2 ODA's, yes they are a Bank and def fall under PCI.

So my question was, what would PCI require? is there a white paper stating the requirements for linux and maybe also the database?

and then for me a broader question, we have these standards, each with their own requirement, is a similar document available per standard as per the above PCI request.

I see the NSA document as a large encompassing lock everything down, and not necessarily what the customer need, they just need to adhere to in this case, PCI.