Re: Current Redo got deleted

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 05:27:28 -0500

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. I fully agree that #2 in Gopal's steps is needed, especially while recovering from a big error. I am trying to learn how to do this for big DBs or even medium DBs where there is only space for the DB and the backup only in the server.

Years ago we hit a scenario where we had to do the recovery. We did the #2. Files were in cooked FS visible in the OS. Making copies was easy. The DB was also very small (IIRC about 40GB).
  The same DB has grown bigger and is now inside ASM. I have not even thought about how I would go about copying files in an emergency.