Re: cross platform incremental backup on non exadata platform.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:48:52 -0400

On 03/20/2015 11:52 AM, Marcin Przepiorowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed my own method based on MOS note and Martin post.
>
> http://oracleprof.blogspot.ie/2014/08/crossplatform-transportable-tablespaces.html
>
> Basically I was using a existing data file backup to start conversion
> process and then end up with
> TTS export/import.

Hi Marcin,
Really useful post but it only applies if the destination db is 12c. The "RECOVER FROM PLATFORM <...> FOREGN DATAFILE COPY" is not supported in 11g, as far as I am aware of. The method described earlier in this thread was using Perl script created by Oracle to convert the data files. Initially, it was only supported for migration to Exadata, but Oracle seems to have lifted that restriction in the latest revision of the doc. ID 1389592.1. Exadata is not even mentioned there.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA