Re: V$active session history

From: Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:11:56 -0500

I agree with Jeremy, but have a slight correction. As I understand it, every 10th ASH sample will make it to the dba_hist* views. A sql statement wouldn't have to be active a full 10 seconds to be included. That session can sit idle for 9.999 seconds and, by being active at just the right time, be included in the AWR sample.